Today marks two and a half weeks interning at dPost in Buffalo! So far I can only say I’ve been greeted with kindness (and the resident French bulldogs in the building)! Each day I have had the opportunity to meet different graphic designers, editors, and producers who are more than willing to share their knowledge. One day I sat in on a client meeting to look over the shoulder of one of the editors and at first felt extremely overwhelmed. The speed at which he worked to change everything the clients asked for and professionalism he had even when told to change something again, and again, and again was amazing. Throughout the meeting though, while the clients were conversing with one another, he would show me his tricks on Premiere that made everything run so smoothly. Slowly but surely I was able to begin to see how a client meeting should run.

The following week I sat in on an animation. Again I watched over the shoulder of a professional trying to take everything I had learned from an AfterEffects tutorial and apply it to what he was doing. To him it was a piece of cake, fifteen-second TV spot, but for me it was brand new territory. However, he told me what he was doing every step of the way until I finally felt it wasn’t as difficult as it looked at first glance! Although a lot of this is new to me it appears that I have some great teachers and resources available to me.