Over the past few months, I was able to experience different aspects of Human Resources. I can see the good and the bad. Every time I tell people that I want to go into Human Resources, their initial reaction is that I want to go into the department that takes fun away from everyone. In a way, that is exactly what HR does. It takes away the “fun” I suppose. One of my favorite shows of all time is “The Office” and a big part of the scripts involve making fun of the HR department, because they usually shut down all of the crazy ideas that Michael Scott, played by Steve Carell, gets himself into. As much as it is taking away the fun in office antics, it is all about keeping the workplace safe, especially in the risk management department. If there’s one thing I learned from HR it’s that the State gets involved in a lot more than people realize. Every decision that people make has consequences, and it is up to HR to fix the problems, fill out paperwork or find the right people to call. People will never stop making mistakes or having problems, so your HR education is never over.