“But it’s freezing,” I thought to myself, as I changed from a skirt into a dress with tights. “And boots – I’ll probably have to park on the street which means a little bit of a walk in the snow.”
These were my first major concerns on my first day as an intern with the Elmwood Village Association, and luckily, parking my car was probably the most stressful thing I had to deal with all week. Carly and Ashley were so welcoming, instructive, and patient throughout my first few days with EVA. I have already learned more here than in an entire semester with another firm. Photoshop, HTML coding, and many other small business Internet programs have already been introduced to me and I’m thrilled to be here, learning what I feel like we should be learning in classes at school.
Turns out, both the dress code and the atmosphere at EVA are friendly and relaxed, with volunteers popping in and out all day to share neighborhood info, and even bring flowers to thank EVA for all their hard work. I know now that I had no real reason to be nervous, and I’m really looking forward to continuing to learn about standard business and PR practices and get to know the neighborhood as the semester progresses.