As the last couple weeks of my internship at The Chapel come to an end, I’ve been reflecting on all that I’ve done and all that I’ve learned. When I started in July, I thought that I had a pretty good base knowledge of digital media, but I had and still have, so much more to learn. The staff at The Chapel have taught me so much about not only media and creative arts, but applying those things through ministry. The church is forever evolving and using new ways to communicate its message and ensure that its mission is pursued in all that it does. Whether through video production, graphic design, live production, or an emphasis on social media and creative communication tactics, the church has taught me so much. It’s one thing to do an assignment for a class and fulfill the requirement of a professor, but it’s entirely different feeling to do a project with a true purpose for an actual client and see the direct implication.

I am so grateful for the opportunity to be an intern with the Worship and Creative Arts Ministry at The Chapel. Even though it may seem like a long time – 6 months and over 20 hours a week – the time just flew by and I honestly wish I didn’t have to leave.