My time as an intern at the Independent Health Foundation has come to a bittersweet end today, the last day of classes of this Fall 2014 semester. When I was driving to the office today, I couldn’t help but reflect on all the memories and growth that I have made not only as student but as a professional here at my internship. I can confidently say that this internship has been one of the most informative, exciting and rewarding experiences at Canisius College. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to intern at a great organization with great people. This internship has taught me a lot about time management, because in the world of event planning there is no time to second guess yourself.  When faced with a difficult or uncontrollable conflict, I have learned that you just have to roll with the punches and think quickly on your toes. It has given me the space and comfort to flourish, and truly become confident and comfortable with my own work. I feel as if working for the Independent Health Foundation, I have become more comfortable sharing my ideas with not only superiors but also my own peers.  This is a skill I used to struggle with, and have been fortunate to be able to work through at my internship. At the Independent Health Foundation, I have worked to create scheduled posts on their social media like Facebook and Twitter, created newsletters, and assisted with big program fundraising events such as The Fitness for Kids Cheer Challenge in the middle of November.  Recently, I have been given the huge opportunity to continue my assistance as a Temp at the Independent Health Foundation. I cannot be happier to have been offered the position to continue doing the things I love. Working at the Independent Health Foundation next semester will be the start of a new beginning, and I look forward to what each day will bring!