As I have said before in a post for this class, I am a HUGE advocate for networking. It is one of my favorite extracurricular things to do. I am an e-board as well as general body member of several clubs on campus, solely because I want more opportunities to network. Women in Business is a Club that I have been in since my freshman year. The name is a little bit misleading, it is not just for business majors, or even just women. This club simply discusses women’s issues in the workplace and serves as a way to help women (and men) to build their professional self.

Every year, Women in Business hosts a panel of women who speak about their journey and offer advice to students in attendance. What I love most about this event is that it is interactive. Each of the 4-6 women on the panel spends about 5-1o minutes discussing her professional life from college up until where she is today. After that, the discussion is opened to the floor and students are able to ask the women whatever they wish. Once the discussion portion is over, the women on the panel stick around to chat with students one-on-one if they have any outlying questions that weren’t answered within that time or that they weren’t comfortable asking in front of anyone. I think that this event is so empowering and helpful and something that really benefits all who attend. It never fails to surprise me how eager people are to help students, to lead them in the right direction, to assist them in finding internships and even jobs. If there’s one thing I have taken away from all of the networking events that I’ve attended, it’s that people are more than willing to help, and it’s our job to go out there and find them.