Play-doh, bouncy balls, Slinkies, Gooze, slime, yo-yos, and candy—sounds like you’ve just stepped into a kindergartener’s dream, right? Well, this is an average brainstorming session at Travers Collins; just add jumbo post-it notes and sharpies into the mix.

It makes sense. You’re trying to figure out something and come up with different and unique concepts. Often times you come up with the best ideas when you’re not completely focused on finding that unique solution.

Throughout my internship at Travers Collins this has been standard for every brainstorming session and I love it. It’s a very laid-back atmosphere and ideas are just thrown out and written on the jumbo post-its stuck to the walls of the room. Some of the best ideas come out of the most random thoughts.

This brainstorming atmosphere has lapsed into my other school work and in return I have come up with solutions I most likely would have never thought of. So, the next time you seem to be stuck on a problem, step away, occupy yourself with something else, write random thoughts down, and then see what you come up with.