Due to the ongoing pandemic, the Winter 2022 Faculty Development Week has gone Virtual! Zoom links for the individual sessions will be emailed to you this week. You will also receive an email the day of, which will include all of the Zoom links for that day.
Kicking off the W’22FDW is “Supporting Scholarship: A Panel Conversation,” starting 9:00 a.m. on January 4, 2022.
Other fantastic opportunities are listed below!
The “Week” is longer than a Week!
- January 4 – 7 features scholarship support sessions and a writing retreat.
- January 10 – 13 features sessions focused on pedagogy, including practical methods and resources for improving your courses.
Sessions and Activities include:
- Supporting Scholarship: A Panel Conversation
- Session: The Engaged Scholarship Initiative
- A two-day Writing Retreat hosted by the Canisius College Writing Center
- Session: Building Inclusivity: Awareness and Intention in Classroom and Community
- Session: Autism Spectrum Disorder Awareness: Characteristics and Recommendations for the College Classroom
- Panel Discussion: Grading for Equity
- Session: Ignorance Is No Longer an Excuse: Understanding the Indigenous and American History You Were Never Told… On Purpose
- Workspace: Crafting an Inclusive Syllabus
- Session: Title IX/Clery/VAWA: “I Have So Many Questions”
- Session: Resources for Teaching Information Literacy in the Disciplines
- Session: Academic Integrity at Canisius: Past, Present, and Future
- Session: Using Case Studies in the Classroom
- Session: Stay Golden, Griffins: Supports for Student Success
- FYE Session: Debriefing for FYE Faculty
Breakfast and lunch will also be served each day in the Faculty Lounge for grab-and-go. If you no longer wish to come to campus, please email Amy Beiter to cancel your meal orders. The appetizer event on Tuesday, January 11th has been canceled.