As we approach the first day of classes for Spring 2018 semester, the Center for Online Learning & Innovation welcomes all faculty and students back to campus! Here’s some resources to help professors get their courses up and running on the web:
- COLI’s handy checklist for end of/beginning of semester tasks in Desire2Learn.
- A quick video with tips for setting up your upcoming courses in D2L, including merging sections for the spring 2018 semester.
- YouTube has valuable content for many disciplines and courses. This video has some basics about this very popular media site.
- Here’s a basic tutorial for professors interested in using Google Drive in their courses at Canisius.
- Here’s a simple video showing you and your students a way to use Google Drive for written assignments. This enables you to provide detailed feedback throughout a student’s text, rather than just a few comments overall. If you wish to use this method, contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details on how to set things up, and then simply add this video to your class in D2L for your students.
Just after the spring 2018 semester, D2L is getting a new look! See our sneak preview!