Select Page

Recently, the YouTube Video editor was canned- a tool recommended by the Helpdesk for video editing and a tool I use heavily with students in my EDU122/223 course. On the same day that I found out about the YouTube Video Editor, I also found out that Techsmith had redirected its Jing Project page, indicating that it is moving towards canning Jing, as well. Jing is another tool that I use in EDU122/223 and it is a tool that many instructors use across the college. This led me to discover WeVideo.

WeVideo is the complete, feature-packed video editing and digital storytelling platform for today’s classrooms and offices. With WeVideo, people have access to:

• A full video-editing suite,
  • Screen casting tools,
  • Web cam recording,
  • Image, audio, and media uploads,
  • Inline comments for peer review,
  • Collaborative capabilities to collaborate on videos,
  • Green screen tools,
  • Exporting to Google Drive, YouTube, Vimeo, and more.

Many of our faculty and staff are looking for an easy way to record and edit tutorial videos. Thus far, we have recommended Camtasia, a robust, but costly tool. WeVideo is an easy product to get the hang of and it allows you to record your screen or yourself. After, you can edit your video, create a title slide in Canva, and use the video in your course or in a campus project. This year, COLI purchased a limited number of licenses for WeVideo for faculty and staff. Please click to sign up for WeVideo now.