Did you know that you can prevent students from accessing a course activity until they complete another activity or show mastery of some material?
This simple method of interactivity can be useful for a wide range of scenarios:
- Providing an extra module to help students that struggled with a topic/quiz
- Prevent students from accessing the discussion until they have completed the reading
- Assigning different project directions to different groups or sections
- Ensuring that students complete modules or lessons before they continue on to the next lesson
- Having students re-affirm their commitment to academic integrity before taking a quiz/exam
Here are COLI’s tutorials on setting up and using release conditions:
- Release Conditions on Modules
- Release Conditions on Course Activities/Topics
- Release Conditions on Discussions
- Release Conditions on Dropboxes/Quizzes
These tutorials can also be found in the D2L Self-Paced Training for Faculty and Staff at the bottom of the course management section.