A few updates concerning the Canisius College wiki:
- After March 1st, 2021, the gray lefthand sidebar will be minimized by default. Although still available, it will not automatically appear to users on desktop or laptop computers. While the sidebar appears to provide a navigation menu, it does not always do this in the most efficient way. More importantly, the sidebar does not appear on mobile devices, and so should not be relied upon to assist users in navigating wiki pages and spaces. You can provide much better navigation within your own pages, using tools outlined here: https://wiki.canisius.edu/x/gwYoBg.
- If you have not done so recently, revisit your wiki pages and update the materials there. This includes files attached to pages. Bear in mind that, if your pages are available to anyone, so is any out-of-date information posted there or in files attached, even if the files are not linked on your visible pages.
- As part of an effort to assist offices and departments across the college, the Center for Online Learning and Innovation has updated and augmented our guide to using the Canisius College Wiki. The guide provides information on how to improve your wiki pages, as well as some time-saving tools and tips. You can access the guide here: https://wiki.canisius.edu/x/tA-KB.
- If you don’t have a wiki page yet, you can request that COLI create you a page. Then, following the guide, you can add content there, create subsequent pages, and manage access.
- Email email@example.com for any questions concerning the wiki.
With the overwhelming volume of emails crowding into faculty, staff, and student email inboxes, information distributed solely through email will likely get buried and users will later struggle to find it. So trying to distribute important information by email is problematic. Why not include it in the wiki, where users can continually refer back to it? And you can save time by emailing links to wiki pages as well, that users can bookmark in browsers.