Select Page

I got involved with Campus Ministry pretty late in the game. I applied for an intern position on their staff for my Senior year, but that’s not where it all began. It began with my Kairos.

Kairos is a mysterious phenomenon at Canisius, due mostly to the fact that no know really knows what Kairos is until after you’ve gone. To be brief, Kairos is a spiritual retreat where students have the opportunity to separate themselves from campus for a weekend. On retreat I realized that in the midst of the tumble of the week and distraction of to- do lists, I had forgotten my passions for fair trade, gender equality, and human rights issues. My interests had been time and time again been put on the back burner in favor of seemingly more pressing tasks. Perfectly enough, Campus Ministry has an intern position dedicated to spreading awareness of social justice issues to the student body. ┬áKairos wasn’t something that made me get involved with Campus Ministry, but it did allow me to see all of the opportunity in front of me.

So here I am. Just a little late in the game, but happy that I decided to play. If I’ve learned anything, it’s these three things:

1. Keep one eye on what you’re doing and another on what you’re aiming for
  2. It’s never too late to join the party (unless it’s an actual party and the host has gone to bed).
  3. You’ll never know until you go.
kairos50

Kairos L (I’m wearing the green scarf)