Select Page

Do you feel called to act on Immigration, Policies toward Central America and/or Environmental Justice? If so, apply to take part in the Ignatian Family Teach-In! Travel to Washington D.C. from November 7th-9th, and learn about these issues and what you can do to help. Attend speakers and breakout sessions, while networking and making great friends with students from around the world. We finish the trip by lobbying during world advocacy day on Capitol Hill! If you want to advocate for those whose voices are not heard, apply to make a difference

This past year, I was chosen to go and take part in this wonderful opportunity. I traveled to D.C. with 20 other incredible individuals and learned about the social justice issues that plague our community and the world around us. It was absolutely inspiring to be in the midst of thousands of other individuals that all made the journey to D.C. and to know that they were also interested in advocating for change. On advocacy day as I walked into the offices of our representatives, I realized that I was being heard; they were interested in what I had to say. That was when I knew that I was capable of creating change, and that I could make a difference for those who cannot speak up for themselves.