Silencing, Resistance, and Privilege: Noon, March 22nd, Canisius Bouwhuis Library
Navigating Culture/Wars, Borderlands, and Queer Precarity Wednesday, March 22nd, 12:00 PM in the Andrew W. Bouwhuis Library (Learning Center). Free and Open to the Public A Roundtable Panel featuring: Dr. Richard Reitsma, DMLLC at Canisius College. Dr. Reitsma will...
Spend a Summer on the Mexican Border
If you are interested in working with migrants in accompaniment in a Jesuit setting, then you may want to consider participating in a one month internship/study abroad/service learning opportunity through the Spanish program and in partnership with the Kino Border...
March 8th: Storytelling at the Intersections: Immigrant and Trans Solidarity Through Media
Luce Lincoln, Video Artist & Media Activist Wednesday, March 8th at 12:00 PM Andrew Bouwhuis Library Learning Center Free and Open to the Public Canisius welcomes media artist, educator and activist Luce Capco Lincoln who produces films and videos that empower...
The Canisius College Borders and Migrations Initiative is a collaborative space where Canisius students, faculty, and staff, together with members of the Western New York Community work to understand and support the lives of immigrants and refugees around the globe.
The Borders and Migrations Initiative develops programs, events, and opportunities for our community to support justice for migrants, refugees, and those who meet and cross borders. We are guided by the Ignatian Pedagogical Paradigm, which insists that different perspectives, reflection and action intersect so that we become women and men with and for others.
Our Community Friends and Collaborators
International Institute of Buffalo
Jericho Road Community Health Center and Vive Shelter
Journey’s End Refugee Services
Justice for Migrant Families WNY
Border Week Participants at Canisius College
- The Department of Modern Language, Literatures, and Cultures
- The Department of Sociology, Criminal Justice, and Environmental Studies
- The International Relations Program
- The Latin American Studies Program
- Department of Fine Arts
- Sigma Delta PI
- Latin American Students and Friends
- The Office of Mission & Identity
- Office of Campus Ministry
- Andrew L. Bouwhuis Library
- The Digital Humanities Group
- Center for Urban Education
- Animal Behavior, Ecology, and Conservation Program
Borders and Migrations Collaborators
- Founder/ Director: Richard Reitsma – email@example.com
- Anita Butera – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secil Ertorer – email@example.com
- Paola Fajardo-Heyward – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Gallimore – email@example.com
- Jean Gregorek – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kristine Kasbohm – email@example.com
- Spencer Liechty – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yvonne Widenor – email@example.com