Resources from PJ’s talk on mobile apps.
This is a follow up e-mail Chuck’s question about applications that could aid one in developing a mobile app. Here are some links:
For web like document:
– JQuery Mobile (http://jquerymobile.com), great library for formatting websites for mobile devices – basic knowledge of HMTL is required
– Phone Gap (http://phonegap.com), service that turns your html website formatted for mobile devices into a native app for all platforms
– Adobe Dreamweaver (WYSIWYG -easy to use) software that utilizes the two libraries listed above and could be helpful in making a mobile website or web app
For complex interactive applications such as games:
– Unity Game Engine (http://unity3d.com), free to download software (fully functional basic version with the rights to sell apps), JS, C# and Boo programming language with a lot of out of the box, drag and drop functionality. Basic version exports to Android, iOS and Windows Phone 8. Great 3D game engine for $0 with huge online community.
– Game Maker (http://www.yoyogames.com/studio), free to download basic version, exports to most platforms, drag-and-drop scripting, Box2D physics, 2D graphics
– Corona SDK (http://www.coronalabs.com), subscription based pricing ($16-199 depending on features, but free to download and try for unlimited time), Lua programming language, 2D graphics, Box2D physics
– Construct 2 (Windows Authoring only, https://www.scirra.com), free basic version, HTML5 based games, exports to most platforms, drag-and-drop scripting, seems to be very easy to use
All of the above have online communities, forums and resources that will help you in developing your app.