Attendance: M. Wood, Y. Widenor, R. M. Meyer, G. Rusch, S. Clark, M. Gleason, M. Gallimore, D. Drew, M. Djuth, C. Seymour
- Mark Gallimore reported on the updating of the websites www.canisius.edu/coli and www.canisius.edu/its. Check them out.
- There has been no feedback on the new version of D2L. Everyone must be happy with it.
- Adobe plans to phase out Flash video by 2020. If you have videos in Flash, talk with Mark or someone from the Media Center about converting them to another format. ITS will stop supporting their server for Flash in Jan. 2019.
- There is an effort to break down information silos on campus and avoid duplication of information. Talk with Mark about he Canisius wiki (wiki.canisius.edu).
- Matt Gleason reported on the rollout of AppsAnywhere. There have been no major complaints and some affirmations. A few specific software packages need to be added to the system like Anaconda and Logger Pro, but these are department specific.
- It was mentioned that 3 windows open when logging into a podium computer. The windows are AppsAnywhere, What’s in My Classroom, and mycanisius.edu. This is done to notify the instructor of the resources.
- The next phase of AppsAnywhere is to explore off-campus use and use on student personal computers.
Next meeting: Nov. 7, 2018.