By Meghan '12 | April 30, 2012
Wow. I can’t believe tomorrow is already May 1st, the beginning of my last month at Canisius.
It seems like just yesterday I was a freshman, trying to figure out which building my classes were located, where to buy food and books, trying to make friends. It’s so weird that it’s already been four whole years later and so much, yet so little, has changed in my life. I’ve had a LOT of positive experiences the last four years; I’ve meant a lot of amazing people, gone a lot of amazing places, and seen a lot of amazing things. I’m so grateful for every opportunity I’ve been granted. I’ve certainly crossed more off my Bucket List in four years than a lot of people do in ten. Let’s see, I:
- Studied Abroad In Italy
- Visited France, Spain, England, Ireland, Greece, Germany, Switzerland, Monaco, Vatican City, and various parts of Italy
- Maintained a healthy, happy, partly-long distance relationship for 4 years
- Visited New York City for the first time, and then went again!
- Went to Cedar Point for the first time
- Went on two cruises!
- Went to Florida 4 times
- Maintained a high GPA
- Had 2 internships!
- Presented work to the FBI(!!!)
- Met amazing people who are my closest friends!
- WROTE A THESIS!!
- Lived in Alabama for 2 months
- Played field hockey again
- Joined an Improv group! even though it didn’t last too long ):
- Got myself a car!
- Had 4 different jobs
Wow! And that’s only some of the things that I can have the pleasure to say I’ve accomplished. Honestly, most of it would not have been possible without the help from Canisius. They given me so many opportunities; I’m so thankful and humbled. I’m starting to get sad just thinking about it!!!!! Obviously, some sad things have happened over four years, too, such as the loss of a dear high school friend, but it is much better to focus on the positive!!
I hope everyone really takes the time they have in college and uses it to its fullest. Go places, do things! The only things in college I have regretted are the things I didn’t do, not the things I did. Italy, Alabama, my internships, the clubs and classes, those things all changed me and made me a better person. Don’t be afraid to get involved and start/join a club. Have fun! Let loose! And, as always, be true to yourself. Appreciate your time and don’t let little things get you down. Be adventurous! College will fly by like that, so act now!!!!!!!!!
Until later (maybe?),