About Our Blogs

Here you will find Canisius College graduate students sharing their thoughts and experiences. These posts explore the dedication and responsibilities of a being a graduate student, as well as the triumphs and successes.

Categories

« | Main | »

Are you a Libra?

By Brianna Brogan | October 15, 2013

For those born between October 10th and October 23rd one would say, “You are the type of Libran who is constantly on the hunt for knowledge and information. You are an eternal student who will never tire of learning new things.”

If you thrive off learning and would like to gain more experience in your field, then Professional Studies here at Canisius College could be the program for you. Not only is it for professionals who are currently employed in the health field, but it is also for students who are coming out of their undergraduate program. This Health and Human Performance Masters Program will provide you with the skills to work in multiple health environments. Even better, this program will accommodate your wants and needs. Apart from the core classes, there are three directions you can go in. You can choose the Strength and Conditioning track, Health Promotional track, or the Cardiac Rehabilitation track. Exploring any of these tracks will assist you in finding a career path appropriate for you.

After discussing my career goals with Dennis Koch, program director of Health and Human Performance, I opted to go with the Cardiac Rehabilitation track because of it’s versatility. Not only will I be able to work in a cardiac rehab field, but I will also obtain the skills to do some health promotion work as well. I will even have the opportunity to gain some hands on experience through two internships. I don’t know about you, but seems like a pretty good bargain to me!!

That’s all for now!

Brianna

Topics: Health and Human Performance | Comments Off