About Our Blogs

Here you will find Canisius College graduate students sharing their thoughts and experiences. These posts explore the dedication and responsibilities of a being a graduate student, as well as the triumphs and successes.

Categories

« | Main | »

Happy Valentine’s Day!

By Alycia Gossett | February 15, 2013

Everyone wants a happy, healthy heart on Valentine’s Day, and maybe some flowers and chocolate too! Unfortunately, millions of people suffer from some form of heart disease every February 14th. As I have mentioned in a previous post, heart disease is the leading cause of death in both men and women in the United States. This is clearly a huge problem, and I am passionate about helping people prevent, or manager their issue with heart disease.

Throughout my graduate courses I have learned about risk factors, signs and symptoms, diagnostic tests, and exercise programs associated with heart disease. To a certain extent heart disease is preventable and manageable. Since I have this knowledge I feel it is my duty to help educate others. Hopefully, I have and will continue to spread what I have learned through my blogs. So keep following me! Until then, don’t be afraid to do some of your own research, or better yet ask your doctor what you can do to keep your heart healthy. February is Heart Disease Awareness Month so it is a perfect time to do it!

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! Keep your heart healthy for your loved ones. It is the best present you can give!

Topics: Health and Human Performance | Comments Off