«

»

Oct 12

8 Week Classes?!

This is the first year the Health and Human Performance program has been set up where classes are 8 weeks long. How in the world do you take an original 15 week class and turn it into an 8 week class? A concerning question for both students and professors.

I have just completed my 7th week of classes, which means next week is finals week. Ah! Personally, I like the 8 week set up. Each class meets twice a week for about 2 hours and 45 minutes a night. Currently I am taking two classes, CardioPulmonary Pathophysiology and Exercise Testing. It is definitely intense and there is not any downtime. However, I have found as long as I do not slack off the work is certainly manageable. It also helps that I find the material for both the classes very interesting.

With that said, this past Monday and Tuesday we had Fall Break and I can’t say I spent too much time studying. It is a beautiful time of year here in Buffalo. It is getting a bit cooler outside and all the leaves are turning colors. I am used to small town living, which I love, but living in Buffalo is a lot of fun. When I get free time I enjoy exploring all the fun things the city has to offer. Hopefully, the little break gave me just what I needed to finish strong in the week ahead. Wish me luck!