«

»

Sep 20

The Final Countdown

So here we are. The semester is complete. My coursework is complete. Graduation is complete. But now begins a countdown to what I have been waiting for my whole life. I have accepted a position with the United States Anti-Doping Agency and I will begin work in Colorado Springs on June 6th. I can not tell you how excited I am for this opportunity and for the rest of my life. Canisius College has done everything to help me accomplish this goal and start a career. I owe Canisius a lot. Dr. O’Rourke truly cares for his students in the Sport Administration program and I couldn’t ask for a better advisor. The people that I have met will be with me for the rest of my life. I will be leaving Buffalo in a week, but I will never forget Canisius, garbage plates, late nights in the library, going to Purple Monkey the first day of class, trivia at Thirsty Buffalo, the Sabres, Duff’s, Jim’s, walking down Elmwood, the vast amount of Subway I consumed before every class, and the people I have met who have helped me every step of the way.

Canisius was a risk for me. I came here from North Carolina not knowing a person within 300 miles. But I couldn’t have made a better choice to continue my education. I can proudly say that Canisius College is my Alma Mater.