«

»

Apr 02

ACPA National Convention!

Hi Everyone!

I just got back from the ACPA National Convention!  What a whirlwind the last week has been!  Last Friday everyone from both cohorts loaded into a charter bus and made our way to the conference.  We were there until Wednesday morning when we filed back onto the bus and made our way home.

This year, the conference was in Louisville, KY.  We stayed at the Gualt House, this swanky hotel connected to the convention center where the conference was held.  The hotel was at a prime location in Louisville, just a few blocks from 4th Street Live and the Louisville Slugger factory.

The entire cost of attending the conference is included in your tuition dollars here at Canisius.  Our faculty believes going to conference is a great professional development tool, and becoming exposed to everything the convention has to offer is a key component in transitioning to the professional world.  The program buses (or flies) both cohorts to the convention, pays for your stay in a hotel near the conference, and covers your registration fee to attend the conference.

The great thing about ACPA is your conference registration fee also allows you to participate in C3, Career Central at Convention.  This is a prime opportunity for second year students.  I interviewed for a total of 8 jobs in 8 completely different geographic locations during the first 3 days of the conference.

If you have ANY questions concerning conference, please feel free to leave a comment and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible!  Next year’s cohorts will be going to Las Vegas… LUCKY!

Other than that, I have been keeping busy job searching and working on my final project for our capstone course.  Our class is divided into teams of 5, and each group has to create a certain type of collegiate institution.  My group has to create a community college.  Each member on the team is responsible for developing a certain office within the school, and together the team must create a mission statement, strategic plan, etc. for the institution.

I will be sure to write another entry soon!  Have a wonderful week everyone!