Prior to the beginning of my internship at Entercom Communications I had a ton of excitement and expectations on how the semester would go. It is safe to say that only being three weeks into the opportunity, I am having more fun and doing productive work than I even imagined.

Working for a company in event planning and promotions is an ideal career path after being introduced to that type of work at Entercom. I have been given the opportunity to observe planning in big events such as concerts and local events. Last Sunday I participating in the tailgate celebration for the local radio stations that Entercom owns. It was so fun to see the communication between the listeners and the people that work for the radio stations. There were different obstacles that we had to overcome when dealing with the listeners. It was beneficial to learn how to deal with that process.

In the office I have had tasks such as calling listeners who have won contests and putting together supplies for necessary events. The people in the office are so fun to work with and have given me great advice as I complete this internship. This internship is dealing with local media and it has been interesting to learn how local radio stations work. I have such a passion for media and pop culture but also event programming and this internship is providing a glimpse into how I can pursue a career in a field I love. I am more than excited to see what the rest of the semester has to offer!