When I started my internship at Kiss 98.5 last Wednesday, I didn’t really know what to expect. Would I be updating the station website and social media pages? Would I be helping out with station events? Or would I be learning what goes into sound production and how to run the sound board? Actually, I will be doing all of these things and much more over the course of this semester!

I am very excited that this internship will be very hands-on and it seems like there will be very little downtime, which is good for me because I always like to keep myself busy. Also, my internship supervisor, Jud, is very down-to-earth and has really helped me get acclimated with the station and its employees.

In terms of work I have already done at the station, I was trained at the front desk on my first day which involves answering the main phone for Entercom as well as handing out prizes to contests winners. In the studio with Jud, I have updated a few pages on the station website and have answered the phone for on-air contests. In the next couple weeks, I will be writing a weekly intern blog and dabbling in sound production and operation.

I am truly looking forward to expanding my list of responsibilities as well as making some good networking connections at Kiss and Entercom as a whole. I am sure that I will have a lot to learn, but I am definitely up for the challenge!