I am a graphic design intern at Sentient Science which is a company devoted to expanding useful life expectancies of technology and making testing and operations more efficient. They have developed solutions to dramatically reduce fatigue, friction, and wear-based product issues with computational testing design simulations and prognostic asset management.

As I am starting to get comfortable at Sentient Science; there is always a fresh feeling when I come in through the beautiful iron gate. The gold plated chandelier also adds an elegant feeling while walking up the stairs in the Butler Mansion. I have met some of the staff and they seem very nice.  I haven’t met everyone yet because some people work remotely and travel to and from the Buffalo and Idaho Falls offices. I spent my first couple days getting to know the company and what they do by looking at past presentations and studying some data. It was hard for me to grasp and understand some of the scientific research but I am now starting to understand it. It is important to know about a company before you start to design things in correlation to it. Channel 2 has interviewed us because we were listed in the “Top 10 Mansions in Buffalo.” It was interesting listening and learning more about the history of the mansion itself.

This week it is “pot luck” and it feels good that they are already doing fun things in the office that I can be a part of. I already dove in and started designing some materials they will need for a presentation that will be in San Diego. Also I have begun the process of designing some branding materials for the company overall because they feel the need to re-brand themselves since they are growing. Another intern from Niagara is also working along with me and she does Marketing. She and I are getting along great and chat in between work. We should be collaborating soon, which is exciting. Overall, I am happy interning at this organization and I feel like I will learn a lot from it.