My experience at TownSquare Media has been truly one to remember. I have learned more here than I feel I could have learned in a classroom. I got to make friends with everyone in the building, and even though I was only an intern they made me feel like I was part of the team and that I was important. No one treated me as an intern either; they all treated me as an equal coworker to them, which I greatly came to appreciate.

I learned that there is so much more to radio than I ever imagined. Radio is definitely not as easy as one would think; so many different things go into it. I learned that the radio business is not a 9 to 5 job and that it never stops. People are at the station at all hours and that takes people with true passion to have a job like this. I really admire the people in this business for all the hours they put in and the enthusiasm they keep even after days of not sleeping at all. I got to help with all sorts of tasks here which I liked because I was never bored. I would make up prize sheets, deal with donation requests, write up scripts for the DJ’s to say, update the company calendar, post videos and upcoming events on the blogs and Facebook posts, learned how to use wordpress and master it, work fun events off site, work offsite remotes when broadcasting live, and a whole lot more. I am so grateful for the experience and all the amazing people I met who gave me so much great advice about the business and life in general. I learned that I definitely could see myself having a job in radio one day for sure, but just not sure what type of radio as of yet.