On Sunday November 9th, I was asked to work the opening party for the new 716 Restaurant in downtown Buffalo, which turned out to be an unexpected networking event. I was told I was going to be a greeter, which I assumed that I would be holding the door, handing out menus and greeting guests. However, that was not the case. I was told that I was actually there as a guest and that my job was to mingle with the guests and make sure everyone was having fun. There were about 20 of us working as greeters.  I started walking through the room and introducing myself to the people in the room. I ended up meeting people from Entercom, the radio station where I am applying for an internship. I met people that were radio hosts for WGR 550 as well, which is the specific area of the radio station that I hope to intern with. I also met broadcasters from the Buffalo Sabres, the hotel manager at the new Marriot, coaches, and more. I decided to talk to other adults in the room and start networking. I went into this thinking I was going to hold the doors all night and instead they opened the doors for me.