Yesterday was my first day at Local Edge, a company under the Hearst Media Corporation, and it went very well. I interviewed for the position over the summer with my supervisor Taryn Lewien, and she has been a great help so far. I had already walked through the office space, so I had a general idea of where I would be working for the semester. On my first day, she met me outside to let me into the building. We went through the expectations for the semester, including what assignments she would have me working on. Before arriving, I was nervous. I didn’t know what to expect. How would my co-workers treat me? I had done journalism before, but copywriting was a new game. I was promptly introduced to my new co-workers, all of whom were very friendly and open. They were all there to help ease me into the system. Narmeen, my co-worker, helped train me in the system of proofing and copywriting for businesses. I learned the system that they use and even began doing some work. I have my own laptop to do my work on, and they gave me some of the accounts to work on. I was able to work on ten accounts, totaling  30 social media posts for the coming weeks. It was interesting to see all of the accounts held under this company. The businesses were located in various states and ranged from insurance agencies to car dealerships. It was a lot of fun, and the time seemed to fly by. It is a new experience for me, but I can easily say it has already been rewarding. I am really looking forward to what the rest of the semester has in store for me. I’m not sure if copywriting is what my future holds, but it will be a learning experience that will build my writing skills to further myself in the future. I cannot wait to see what is in store for me as I continue with the company as an intern. I know I can learn a lot from my co-workers, and the experience is greatly appreciated.