My internship at Dpost was definitely a success. I came into it wanting to learn some new programs and techniques as well as develop my creative talents. During the semester I was able to learn new programs like Mocha and Syntheyes which has allowed me to add “2D and 3D Tracking” to my resume. I was also able to further my knowledge of compositing with After Effects and 3D with Cinema 4D. During the semester I was sent to NYC to be VFX Supervisor on a shoot for the Soho Film Festival. This was an invaluable experience as I was able to learn more about the production side of the business, information that helps me prepare for post work. The experience has also allowed me to network with future clients and friends and learn about things they are working on in this business. I am now doing all of the visual effects for the promo which is exciting because this is sort of our entry into this type of work, work that I would like to continue.

I was also able to develop my skills for dealing with clients. I worked directly with some people at New Era in order to come up with 30 different versions for a 30 sec spot which showcased their new MLB hats. Two of my co-workers and I were involved from concept creation to completion. We went back and forth version after version with the clients, first starting with our initial pitch of the concept. At the end we were able to deliver something on a very short deadline that we and the clients were proud of.

I have enjoyed my experience immensely and this internship has made it apparent to me that I am definitely on the right career path.