When the Buffalo Bills win on a Sunday, it makes for a good Monday morning, especially at my internship. I intern at WGR Sports Radio 550 during the Schopp & The Bulldog Show.

My internship is on the production side of radio. I take the giant sound clip from press conferences and interviews and cut it down into usable clips for on-air play. It makes for a loooong day if the Bills or Sabres lose a big game. No one likes to lose, especially not “Buffalonians.” The office is dreary and the on-air calls are full of complaints and arguments. On the other hand, it makes for an exciting day after a big win. The callers are eager and once again hold onto some hope of a playoff run.

Last week, the Sabres decided to make some big moves, firing GM Darcy Regier and Head Coach Ron Rolston and hiring Sabres Alumni Pat LaFontaine as President of Hockey Operations and Ted Nolan as interim Head Coach. You can imagine how crazy the office was that day. There was a ton of audio from the press conference and interviews and the phones lines were ringing off the hook. That’s the fun thing about working in the media. It’s not your typical 9-5, and that’s my favorite part about it.