Typically one would look anywhere but their own campus for an internship opportunity, but when I began applying to various places over the summer I learned that sometimes nearby is the best bet.  Not only is it extremely easy to get to my internship at Canisius Web Services, but it is extremely relevant.  I get to stay up to date on all the things going on at Canisius while doing my work.  With three internships outside Canisius already under my belt, it seemed right to go with Web Services.  I can walk up or down one flight of stairs to get to the office after classes when I’m in Lyons and let’s face it, it doesn’t get any easier than that!  I can walk around campus to take photos and attend student events to update our social media pages easily.  Originally worried that an internship on campus would give less possibilities, I was proved wrong when I was able to help with and view the process of Canisius’ new television commercial.  I even traveled to DailyPost to help choose music and a voiceover.  Having an internship here has also made me more helpful and knowledgeable around the office.  As a student, I know a decent amount of information about professors, courses and things about the school that other people in the office may not.  Another reason I enjoy being at web services is because I get to see some of my work daily.  When working on projects for other companies or a client you may only see it once, twice or a few times after it is completed.  With working right at Canisius I can log into my student pages, the Canisius website and the school’s facebook and see some photos, edits or graphics I’ve assisted with while at my internship!