Archive for June, 2011
Now that the kids are out of school and the warm weather has approached, summer is the time when many businesses slow down.
Thinking of taking a few days off? Here’s what Ingrid Cliff on the Manta Small Business site recommends doing to get the most out of your summer slowdown.
- Plan a getaway. Hey, if you’ve got the time, why not?
- Take care of your health. You have to take care of you first! Remember?
- Take a business planning day. We like to make the distinction: working on your business, as opposed to working in it.
- Update your business. Create (or refresh) that Facebook page or Twitter account you’ve been avoiding.
- Renew your marketing materials. How about some shiny new signage. With a QR code, perhaps?
To read the full top ten, click through to the original article here.
This article by Lisa Barone at Small Business Trends also offers some great suggestions on how to be proactive during the summer months. Our favorite tip is 1. Go to camp! Summer, Barone says, is the best time to learn new skills, take classes, and attend events to form new relationships and expand your industry ties—activities that will allow you to develop both personally and professionally.
What are you planning to do with your time off? Leave a comment about your summer plans to recharge yourself and your business.
Hi! We’re back with another conference “preview.” This time, on doing business globally. Christine Bonaguide, partner at Hodgson Russ and current chair of our Board, brings an informed legal perspective to this vignette of her upcoming presentation at the 2011 Women’s Leadership Conference.
Click here to continue reading…